Other Support Groups in Wisconsin
The Autism Society’s philosophy is that each family is unique and treatment options will be unique to individual needs (outlined in the Options Policy). The groups listed below are not affiliated with the Autism Society and may have different philosophies. Please contact the group contact person for location, dates and times for their meetings.
- Bonduel/Shawano area email Nicole Crawford.
NotepADD Support Group
Crivitz Village Hall
- Madison area Meet-up Group (for high functioning adults). http://www.meetup.com/Madison-Young-Adults-With-Disabilities-Social-Group/
- Northwoods (Oneida County area) contact Kim Walker by phone (715) 358-2201 or by email.
- Pierce County area contact Katie Knutson by phone (715) 273-4548 or by email.
- It's All About the KIDS Dodge County Support Group contact Judy Braun or phone (920) 296-1354 or Mary Weinheimer at (920) 296-0341. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ashland County contact Laura Comer by phone (715) 682-2363 ext. 167 or by email.
- Taylor County Autism Support Group, Joseph Greget 715-748-2316 ext 324 or email@example.com
- WI Dells, Oxford, Westfield, Adams-Friendship, Portage & Baraboo areas contact Peg Mazeika by phone (608) 586-4541 or by email.
- Spooner (Washburn County area) contact Pam Ray by phone (715) 635-3339 or by email or contact Bev Pike by phone (715) 790-3495 or by email.
Southeast Wisconsin Support Groups:
- Asperger Parent Support, Brookfield (262) 442-2923
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center Autism Support Group, (800) 499-5736. Meetings in both Burlington and Elkhorn, evenings.
- Autism Solutions Special Needs Support Groups Racine, Cindy Schultz (262) 639-3041. Milwaukee, Beth Williams (414) 731-9579
- Family Ties (for parents of children with emotional, behavioral and mental disorders), Dodge County (920) 382-6535, Jefferson County (262) 355-5635, Kenosha County (262) 652-3031
- Kenosha Support Group, Patricia Herr (262) 484-4026
- Latino Support Group (held in Spanish), Martha Lechuga (414) 383-5417
- Milwaukee Support Group Veronica Nolden, WI-FACETS (414) 374-4645
- Ozaukee County Support Group, Kim Dobberfuhl (262) 376-1250
- Southeastern Wisconsin Aspergers Meetup Group
- Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) Wisconsin support group
- Waukesha County Support Group Evening meetings, Vicky Brain (262) 490-5128
Check out www.meetup.com to find other possible support groups in your area or to start one yourself!