Maintaining a good health is very important in our lives. When people have a good health, they can live peacefully and happily. It is the most essential element of achieving success in life. An unhealthy person has to go through a lot of disturbances at times. They have to suffer from different types of diseases regularly which does not allow them to feel the actual happiness of life and eventually it also makes them weak enough which causes inability to study or work harder to become a successful person. Therefore, it is said that “Health is wealth”.
Good health keeps us strong both physically and mentally. It also strengthens our financial condition because people spend a lot of money in treatment of diseases. Nowadays, there are some common bad habits among the young people which lead them to live an unhealthy life in the future. Some of them are:
- People love eating from restaurants and fast foods regularly and eventually start avoiding homemade nutritional foods.
- Due to having a very busy schedule people completely ignore proper physical workout in the gym or at home too.
- People have irregular sleeping habits and no time for breakfast in the morning. Skipping breakfast has become a habit now which has many negative consequences.
- People, most particularly students, prefer having late night snacks and beverages. Making this a habit can also have some negative impact in their body.
- Some people start smoking and taking alcohol. Occasionally it is fine but becoming addicted to these things and having it regularly is injurious to health.
These were some of the basic reasons that may affect our health and happiness. So, it is very important to make people aware of the importance of having a good health in their life and educate them how it can help them live a happy and prosperous life. There are many strategies that have been adopted in recent times by different organizations in recent times. I am going to discuss about some of the best strategies that have been implemented to educate the people about health benefits:
Arranging Seminars and Workshops
Both seminars and workshops are the best possible way to educate the general public at large. One can invite a group of experts in this field and let them communicate with the people. Seminars of health are becoming very popular in educational institutions nowadays because it is very important to be health conscious from the young age itself. Whereas, in workshops is a very good platform where people come from different places and talk with the professionals to get simple health tips for their problems. One can also conduct webinars.
Provide specialized training
Many health experts are invited or hired for some period of time by health institutions nowadays to organize special training sessions in order to provide their students some extra knowledge on health benefits and healthy safety. The experts of the completion of their training conduct examinations and each student has to go through it. This makes them more capable of dealing with the patients and give proper direction to them for their well-being.
Holding a conference is another efficient way to deliver important information about health to the students and employees of an organization. All of these students and employees get a very good overview on the importance of good health and basic health safety measures and they can share their acquired knowledge from the conferences with other people either verbally or through writing.
It has become very common to spread health awareness through the social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and so on as a large number of the population is engaged in these. As technology is at its peak, web conferencing has become very popular too as it can save a lot of time and money.
Promoting health education by organizing classes for the small school going students can be said as one of the best methods adopted till now for them. The small students are taken classes and taught thoroughly about some basic good habits like eating healthy foods, sleeping early, staying neat and clean, etc.
It is a very good strategy because it helps these small children to acquire good habits from their childhood itself. It is not only the duty of teachers to teach them but it becomes more effective if they learn the same from their parents and elder siblings too.
People generally ignores the ill consequences of bad habits that can lead to bad health and many of us still avoid being attentive in training programs or interactive sessions like this. Therefore, is very important to increase their level of interest regarding these sessions. The speaker should understand what is they actually need and make their presentations accordingly.
In this modern era, one can easily make use of the internet as it contains a lot of images and videos that can keep their interest level intact. Many health experts keep on publishing eBooks and posting blogs on various health related topics which we can easily find on the internet.
These are some of the commonly used strategies for health promotion. Promoting health education especially in rural areas is very important because the poverty rate there is higher than their urban counterparts and therefore, most of them cannot obtain proper treatment facilities as required and their literacy rate is also less.
They also do not have proper access to healthy foods either, therefore, it has become an essential on the side of Government to educate these people with basic healthy safety measures so that they do not have to go through chronic conditions like diabetes or stroke. The health programs should be organized appropriately to the target audience.
Some important aspects organizations are keeping in mind while conducting training programs are:
- The training programs should be extremely progressive in nature. All the modern technologies should be creatively used to build an amazing environment for learning.
- The teaching quality should be excellent so that the learners acquiring the knowledge and skills keep it lifelong.
- Institutions are trying also establish a sound relationship with more and more professionals and other organizations which makes it easier to reach a greater number of people to widespread awareness than normal.
- Proper action plans must be determined before starting any programs and it has become a must to keep a track on their progress.
I am going to provide you some links below which you can open and read for better understanding of the strategies adopted by the Government for promoting health education: